Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Three Hundred and Ninety One

We love you, mummy! -written to a sticky note that is pasted on a gift.

It all started weeks back, when those fancy shops started promoting their mother's day sales. 
It is clear that my responsibility as her kid, I need to do something special that can make her feel special on her special day.
Every night, before bed time, I make time to think of the designs on the card. Day time, I try my best to search for more inspirations from anything around me. In hopes to make that simple card as fancy as possible.

As days gone by, I get really busy, juggling with my new semester and course mates and SOA professional paper and my social life the list goes on and on :P

Friday- my bestie, Bee Chea jio me out to a nearby mall for Ironman 3. (Rating 9/10 & I love Tony Stark's humor & his Dora the Explorer limited edition watch) I decided to grab this opportunity to get something even more special than just a hand-made card. 
The night before the outing, I crack my head to think of what should I get for her.. Suddenly, pop an idea. A recipe book that she's been eyeing on her last trip to the bookstore.. Great! A problem come across my mind, I have to wrap the present with a nice wrapping paper to make it special. I'm going to Starbucks to wrap the gift. Oh & I mustn't forget to pack my stationeries.. Problem solved! I can finally have my beauty sleep.

The next/outing day. After the movie, I complete the task that I assigned to myself first then later go for tea time with the bitches (They know I love then so much)

Saturday. Nothing much.. 
Sunday. 00:00. I Whatsapp my little brother to ask him whether is it the right time to present the gift to mummy.. He replied that I'm the elder one. I shall make the decession. I didn't bother to reply him any further as I'm so pissed off by such a reply. I immediately stomped to my room, scribbled a simple wish on a sticky note,  grab the gift and secretly enter my parents room. My lil bro was in the room that moment. Then he suddenly shouted "Happy mother's day" (thank God I already have the gift in my hand- if not, epic fail) 
As expected, my mummy hugged us. Kiss us. Something out of my expectation is she already managed to guess what's the gift before unwrapping.. She use a blade to unwrap as she knows I dislike people who unwrap a gift roughly. I find it quite rude and unethical as all of us undergo the difficulty of wrapping a gift.. I find the process so tricky & so, I think that the receiver should appreciate every single thing except the tape can be excused

After that, my mummy spent her very early morning glancing through the Nyonya Kuih recipe book.

P.S. I didn't manage to take any snapshot as I'm trying my best to keep  all these surprises for the big day :)



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header made with PS brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com